PCSX2 is a PlayStation 2 (PS2) emulator for the Microsoft Windows and Linux operating systems. In its latest stable release, many PS2 games are playable, and several games have full functionality. The main bottleneck in PS2 emulation is emulating the multi-core PS2 on a PC x86 architecture. Although each CPU can be emulated well, accurately synchronizing the cores is very difficult.
PCSX2, like its predecessor project PCSX, is based on a plug-in architecture, separating several functions from the core emulator. These are the graphics, audio, input controls, CD/DVD drive, and USB and FireWire (i.LINK) ports. Different plug-ins may produce different results in both compatibility and performance. Additionally, PCSX2 requires a copy of the PS2 BIOS, which is not available for download from the developers, due to the copyright concerns and legal issues associated with it. A free clone of the official BIOS is in development.
System requirements :
Windows / XP / Vista / 7
Processor: Intel or AMD up from 1.5 GHz
*Memory: 1 GB RAM
Graphics card: Geforce ATI Radeon up from 256 MB
DirectX: 9.0c or higher
PCSX2 0.9.7 beta released!
After more than a year since the last stable 0.9.6 release and 8 months since the last beta release of PCSX2, the new beta version is finally ready!
The most notable change is the all new GUI powered by wxWidgets, but the amount of improvements in this release is really amazing Smile
This 0.9.7 release is marked as unstable/beta, meaning it still has some known bugs and unimplemented features but it is fully supported by the PCSX2 team. For more info, check the included readme file.
Without further delay, here's the extensive changelog:
* New GUI based on wxWidgets working on a separate thread
* microVU, an all new VU0/VU1/COP2 recompiler
* VIF rewritten and a new Vif Unpack recompiler
* IPU improvements, many more videos now play perfectly
* Stable full screen operation with GSdx
* Alt+Enter Hotkey for real-time fullscreen/window mode switching
* Many new emulation options, complete with tooltips
* New MTGS, much more efficient and compatible
* New BIOS skipping method, more compatible and correct
* New Host File System Support
* Turbo/Slow motion settings for the frame limiter
* On the fly changing of settings and plugins
* Threaded Saving/Loading states, so it does not pause gameplay
* Built in ISO reader with a recently used ISO list
* Suspend / Resume emulation safely and fast
* Simplified plugin configuration dialog, with more options
* Full DVD9 game support (for example God of War, Xenosaga, Gran Turismo 4 etc)
* First time configuration wizard
* Settings stored in your User documents folder by default to prevent Vista / Windows 7 permission issues
* New Game database detects the game you run, displays compatibility info, and auto applies special game fixes/patches if needed
* Cheats are now separate from patches, cheats can be placed in the "cheats" folder and enabled/disabled from pcsx2's file-menu
* Many important plugin updates, GSdx has many bugs and memory leaks fixed, SPU2-X makes dozens of games boot which never did before
* And a huge amount of improvements and bug fixes which we don't remember anymore
This time the distribution will be a bit different. There are 3 versions, the full installer, the web installer and the binary. We highly recommend people to use our torrents to lower the load of our server and for faster distribution. You will need a torrent client such as utorrent to download them.
DirectX with dll files is needed.. to download from HERE
Size: 40 MB
== EnJoY ==